Temerra's Playground

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Temerra's Playground
Temerra's Playground
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Arrival of Thennin Cloudrider

4 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The Arrival of Thennin Cloudrider Empty The Arrival of Thennin Cloudrider

Post  Cankersore Knotwise Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:57 am

As your group moves through the castle, you decide to wait behind and see if Thennin will help you with the dragon. After two days of waiting, you are awakened from your sleep by the familiar human in a blue robe.

"Good day, my brave and faithful dwarf. I am amazed at your faith in a human. I see you have slain a nice beast here. I am assuming you would like to harvest this thing for parts. Too bad we don't have the head, it would have sold very handsomely on it's own." Tell me, what is it that you would like to take from this?"

Cankersore Knotwise
Player
Player

Character sheet
Name: Cankersore Knotwise
Race: Dwarf
Class: Ftr6

Back to top Go down

The Arrival of Thennin Cloudrider Empty Re: The Arrival of Thennin Cloudrider

Post  Einkor Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:19 pm

Yes, I have never trusted a human before... but you seem different, unlike other humans i have come to contact. Well for the last couple of days i have been tediously taking this young dragon apart. I have harvested its scales, i think there will be enough here for two full sets of scale mail armor although i am no armor smith, my specialty is stonecrafting. Also i have taken its claws, maybe they will fetch some kind of reward from a collector or something. and since the only thing i know of alchemy is what my friend Cank tells me of something called "silverleaf", i dont know if anything like this dragon's blood or organs could be sold. do you know anything of that??

Einkor
Player
Player

Character sheet
Name: Einkor
Class: Ftr9

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:14 am

Thennin looks at Einkor in a state of amusement. "For a stonesmith you seem to think you know about armorsmithing a bit, but I guess the rumors of dragonscale armor do tend to float quite a ways.

"As for other parts...,"
Thennin thinks to himself. DM secretly rolls "I believe that many dragons tend to have some sort of nastiness that they are able to breathe. If that is so, there may be a gland of some sort that we should look for. As for the blood, I don't know of much that it is used for, but I would love to experiment and find out. As for silverleaf, I can show you fields of silverleaf. Your friend must have been quite the amateur. You may get a few silver for the plant, but other than that it's probably not worth carrying around. It tends to dry rather quickly once the root is removed from the ground."

Einkor and Thennin both search for the gland, as well as a way to transport some of the dragon's blood. Give me a Search check. There should be a dice interface on just above the textbox. It will let you roll a dice through the forum in your reply. You also have a character sheet on here. If you click on memberlist and then your name your profile shows up. The rightmost tab should be the character sheet. If you think about it, state what your skill number is. If not, I'll figure it out either way.

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

https://temerra.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Einkor Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:07 pm

search check +2

Einkor
Player
Player

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:07 pm

The member 'Einkor' has done the following action : Dices roll

'd20' : 6

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

Back to top Go down

Post  Einkor Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:11 pm

hahaha i'll have to tell Cank about those fields of silverleaf, for some reason he loves the stuff.... i dont know why...

Einkor
Player
Player

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:28 pm

You search over the body for 10 minutes, checking out every little detail that you can find, but unfortunately you do not find the gland that caused the acid breath. You are, however, able to get enough blood to fill up an entire wineskin with dragon's blood.

Thennin then looks around, rather excitedly and remarks, "This castle you found is just as amazing as the dragon itself, if not more so. The fact that a castle was built in this way with such magical means is nothing sort of incredible. I will definitely be remembering this place, and I will for sure come back here and learn who it was that originally inhabited it. It obviously looks like the castle was buried before the Fallen, or else the entire thing would have fallen to the ground. Thennin then looks at Einkor and asks, Are we ready to head back to civilization?"

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

Back to top Go down

Post  Einkor Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:41 am

"im ready if you are, but i have to know, what is it you have planned for me that i couldn't stay with my friends?"

This question is more for me cause I don’t know why Einkor would just stay behind randomly… like obviously I left for school so that’s why I left lol, but would it be safe to say that Einkor was given (or being given) a specific task or something??

Einkor
Player
Player

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:36 pm

Thennin lets out a little chuckle. "It is you who waited for me!" Thennin continues to laugh as Einkor presses him. Finally Thennin gives in. "Oh yes, the dream. You saw this, didn't you. How easily I forget. Einkor the dwarf, I need your help in deciphering where it is this crypt is located. I can see visions, but I can't make out enough detail for a proof positive. You are versed in stone crafting, and I am hoping with your knowledge of such and my library we will be able to decipher some of the glyphs and markings on the rocks of this crypt enough to identify it. Then we will have a solid basis for our exploration. Up to now, I have only been able to get a general area of this item. You will help me pinpoint its location."

Thennin brings Einkor close to him, speaks a few words, and with a rush of wind, both Einkor and Thennin are suddenly back in the floating castle. You are greeted by the smell of roasted mutton and fresh bread, and best of all, ale. You eat heartily, and realized how hungry you have kept yourself on just rations. After a meal and a good night's sleep you find yourself rather refreshed.

Coming out from your room which is akin to a room that would house royalty, you find Thennin poring over a large tome. Coming closer you notice that his desk is filled with books, most of them on history and stonework.

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

Back to top Go down

Post  Einkor Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:46 pm

"i have often enjoyed a bit of light reading Thennin, but this may be pushing it" as Einkor chuckles... "is there anything in particular you want me to be looking for or a book i should start with?"

Einkor
Player
Player

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:47 am

Thennin looks up at Einkor and gives out a hearty laugh. "Ahh, dwarf, I have always found your race to be rather amusing. Oh, I hope for both of our sakes that we don't have to read all of these books. I guess I should show you what I know. You've seen this before, but you were dreaming, and you were looking through my memory of it. Now you will see what I see. Come over here," Thennin says, pointing to a globe situated on a pedestal. "As you watch, look at the glyphs along the door. It is a dwarven dialect, but it is VERY old. We need to find out what that says..."

You watch as Thennin calls out in unintelligible words a spell that makes the globe suddenly begin to glow. A few seconds pass and an image appears:

The globe dims down and then suddenly becomes just another marble sphere in the room. "I have found the tuning of the item, and so I have found enough to see it, but we need to find out where that crypt is located. It is obvious it is of a king, but there are so many ancient kingdoms no longer in existence that it would be impossible to just go look for it. What's more, many of the kingdoms have been buried by the meteor that hit Neth, by either the impact, or all the debris that the meteor threw in the air. So, have you seen anything like this dialect before, Einkor?"

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

Back to top Go down

Post  Einkor Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:31 pm

Einkor thinks for a bit... "i can honestly say that it looks very familiar but i truely have no idea what it says... however you are in luck, you have befriended the son of a dwarf that would know what it says or at least who built it... my father is one of the greatest stonecraftsman in all of Temerra and he is well versed in ancient stoneworkings. The only bad thing is... he absolutly hates humans.... you would be welcomed with axes and stone-magic, im sure you are familiar with how powerful stonelords' magic can be. so i would need to go by myself, unless you can magically make yourself look like a dwarf hahahaha but i doubt that any amount of magic could capture a true dwarf-likeness" Einkor looks off in the distance and swells his chest with pride

Einkor
Player
Player

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:25 pm

"Yeah, my race has not had their share of proud moments in recent history. I do hope that somehow I can help remedy that in some minute way. Alright, what area are you from, Einkor? And what tribe/clan name are you? I need to know so that I can get you as close to your tribe as possible. Maybe I've seen where your clan is located."

Thennin looks over at the globe once again, his face full of inquiry. "Oh, you might want to copy down those glyphs so you can remember them before you go. I'd hate to have you forget halfway there."

Give me a Forgery check, and come up with a last name if you would for a clan name.

Also, in your character sheet I saw you took Dodge twice. It doesn't say that feat stacked so I switched it over to two weapon fighting. If I said that Dodge was stackable I'll still go with it and override the program, but if not, we'll leave it as is. Lemme know what you think."

I'm assuming you've seen the character sheets, both the graphical and the stat block version, right? The one is text, the other was the link.

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

Back to top Go down

Post  Einkor Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:47 pm

i just looked up Dodge in the players handbook (from that pdf file) and it says that it stacks... maybe the program is different, i dont know, youre the DM so you have the final say lol

Einkor points on the globe to the northeastern mountain range on the continent of Ashildir labled "Bennor Mountains" i am apart of the great clan of Ghroen and we reside here and my father lives in about this area (pointing at a specific mountain), i cant tell exactly from this globe but once im home in the Bennor Mountains i can get there fine.

Forge roll:

Einkor
Player
Player

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:47 pm

'd20' : 12

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

Back to top Go down

Post  Einkor Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:51 pm

o and yes i have seen the character sheet.. they are kind of confusing in some parts but ill get it haha

Einkor
Player
Player

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:56 pm

You copy down the glyphs as well as you can, and get a very basic outline of the shapes. As you are finishing up, you see Thennin in an atlas, then to his crystal ball, and back again. He repeats this action several times before approaching you.

"Einkor of Ghroen from Bennor, I have gotten as close as I can without disrupting any social integrity of yours and mine. We will transport you to a ravine at the base of "Ito Bennor", Little Bennor. From there you will have to climb the mountain to your clan." Thennin hands you a small whistle. "Go to the same area you are dropped off at and blow this whistle. I will hear it and come to get you. For your sake I would not discuss in detail the matters at hand and your involvement with me, for your father may very well deny that which you seek." Thennin hands you a package with some cured meats and cheeses. "This should last your journey."

With those words, Thennin grabs you by the arm, utters a small phrase, and without any gestures the two of you stand at the ravine, staring at the base of a towering mountain.

The first thing you notice is that it is much cooler here. Wherever Thennin's castle is located, it is definitely more summer there than here. The wind is cool, and even in the sun, you find yourself wishing you had a little more than your travel clothing. "My dear dwarf, I did not even fathom to think about seasons, my apologies. I would offer my cloak, but I'm afraid it does quite smell of human, and I have only one more teleport today. I do not doubt your steadfastness. You will be fine." He holds out his hand, and the two of you exchange farewell pleasantries. He then takes a few steps back, waves his hands around and calls out an unintelligible mantra, and as quickly as you arrived, he was gone.

You have approximately 4 hours till dark. What is it you would like to do?

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

Back to top Go down

Post  Einkor Mon Sep 14, 2009 5:14 pm

Look for a trail, and if no trail just start walking in the dirrection of Einkor's father's place.

Einkor
Player
Player

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:12 pm

You begin to walk up a small trail, figuring it will only be a day and change till you reach the village of your clan. You forget how steep the mountain is, and trudge along up the mountain. For four hours you climb until you can no longer see the trail in the darkness, going approximately four miles up the mountain. From there you break and make camp (DM rolls), but unfortunately due to the wind and the fact that you have been recently unaccustomed to such cold weather, you are unable to make a fire to keep you warm.

After 8 uncomfortable hours of sleep, or trying to sleep, you get up, the world still waking up as well. Make a Spot check to see if you can still see your trail.

I am working on updating the map so you can see your mountain range as well as your clan's village.

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

Back to top Go down

Post  Einkor Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:52 pm

spot check +2

Einkor
Player
Player

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:52 pm

'd20' : 5

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:59 pm

Okay, you cannot see the trail anymore. You are not entirely sure why, maybe the sun in a different location? You might be able to find the clan without the trail if you can sense your direction. Give me an Intuit Direction roll.

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

Back to top Go down

Post  Einkor Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:52 pm

also if einkor cannot intuitively know where he is, he wants to look around for any familiar land marks that could help guide him
intuit direction= +0

Einkor
Player
Player

Character sheet

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:52 pm

'd20' : 11

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:32 pm

Einkor looks around and easily is able to find north, and (DM rolls) also spots the familiar set of mountain peaks that he remembers as the Twin Ladies. From there he finds the undermountain city that his clan has occupied since before The Fallen.

As you approach the mountain entrance, you are confronted by a set of guards. "Halt, who goes there?"calls out the guard. You tell the guard your name and your clan's name, and the guard looks at you with an air of disbelief. He lets you in regardless.

You walk into the town, and though you have seen this place before, it seems somewhat alien. You walk down the polished granite cobblestoned path and take in every step, nodding and greeting your fellow dwarves, many of which do not remember you. You look at the mighty marble pillars that line the halls. Seeing the rest of the world and all it's grandeur has made you realize how small your world has really been. You seem confused at first. You were sure that you would be instantly recognized after the Rite of Leaving the Hearth, when your father sent you to your apprenticeship, as it seemed everyone was there. You even swear you knew some of them by name, but they look at you with a bewildered look, and quickly walk away. You come close to despair, almost running to where you believe your parents live, when a small voice tucked away in the corner, a drunkard dwarf, calls out your name...

"Now the dead has come to haunt us! Einkor Ghroen! No, the ghost of Einkor Ghroen. I've seen it all! Come, ghost of Mr. Einkor, sit down and haunt me." The drunk props himself up against the wall of a stone carved building, grabs the wineskin of his, takes a swig, and pats a ledge beside him, inviting you to sit...

Admin
Admin

Character sheet
Name:
Race:
Class:

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down